Thanks to the geographic characteristics of Baja California we can find big variety of whales and dolphins, named “cetaceans”. There is no doubt that we are in one of the best places of the earth to watch this animals. Although this group of animals don’t stay together in the same place, the ocean is an enormous place and each bay or lagoon provides different conditions were this animal can either feed or reproduce.
To get to those wild places we need to drive several hours were this animals get together in big groups. Once we are in the bays we will switch from the van to a boat to navigate.
As marine biologist we have learn were to spot this animals according to the actual forecast and seasonal conditions, that way we can show you how calm this creatures are in the sea.
You and the animal will have a big smile in your faces due that we provide part of your payment to marine biologist who are trying to preserve this animals.
Gray Whale tour.
Gray whale (Eschrichtius robustus) is the mammal who migrates for the longest distance in our planet. Starts in Alaska and finishes in 3 main lagoons from Baja California with the objective to give birth to her baby calve. The nice and exclusive thing from this encounter is that due to the conditions of the lagoon and that the whales doesn’t feel threaten of humans, they get very close to the boats, this way we can see sometimes 1 feet away from the boat.
1) We will pick you up: 7:00 am in your hotel or wherever you are staying.
2) Please consider that we will be driving 3-4 hours driving to Bahia Magdalena (one way), 3-4 hours plus driving back.
3) We will watch 2 hours whales using a boat.
4) Fish and shrimp tacos for lunch at Todos Santos “included”.
5) We are back in La Paz between 5:00-6:00 pm.
Price: $130.00 USD per person.
Humpback whale watching. ¨scientific expedition¨
Humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) is one of the most acrobatic whales that exist. When the whale starts breaching gives a great show. It is amazing how the whale flaps splashing water from the sea for up to 15 minutes. This behavior scientist think is just a game for them. We have seen whales breaching around 60 feet away from the boat. Other main characteristic from this whale the high frequency songs that are able to listen with electronic devices. We can find humpback whales from December to March and our encounter trip last for 2 hours!
If you want to join…
1) We will pick you up: 8:00 am in your hotel or wherever you are staying.
2) Please consider that we will be driving 2-3 hours driving to Cabo (one way), 2-3 hours plus driving back.
3) We will watch 2 hours whales.
– Food not included (you can choose the variety of restaurants that Cabo offers you. 2 hours to have lunch).
4) We are back in La Paz between 5:00-6:00 pm.
Price: $ 170.00 USD per person.